Acorn Squash Kale and Sausage Bowl
- One acorn squash
- 16 oz of kale
- 1 package of spicy jalapeno chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut open acorn squash to make two halves, scoop out seeds.
- Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake upside down for 30 minutes. Take out and put aside.
- In a medium pan, cook kale with chicken broth until kale is tender.
- Add garlic, cook, then set kale aside.
- In same pan, cook sausage until browned.
- Add kale and sausage and cook together for a few minutes.
- Divide kale and sausage into the acorn bowls.
- Add parmesan cheese on top.
- Broil for 5 minutes.